Friday, June 3, 2011

Hey, good lookin'!


One of Andrew's favorite things to do these days is look at that handsome baby in the mirror. Usually, when he sees himself in the mirror, he gets this big smile. Greg and I think he is saying "Hey, good lookin!" We will take him all over the house into every room that has a mirror and let him look for the baby. Sometimes he reaches out to touch his reflection. Sometimes we point out his nose, ears, eyes and mouth.
Another of his favorite things these days is Brody, our pug. His eyes follow Brody all around the room and he gets so excited when Brody comes to sit by him. He will reach out and pat Brody with his chubby little hand. Brody sniffs Andrew and licks his ears, which sometimes gets a giggle. Yesterday, Greg held Andrew out and chased Brody around. Brody went into full retreat mode and Andrew thought it was hilarious. I love hearing Andrew laugh. I think it is absolutely the sweetest sound on this earth.
I think Andrew is slowly beginning to respond to me saying his name. Several times in the past few days, I've called his name and he has turned to me. Of course, there are other times when I try to get his attention and I say his name and nothing happens.
People told me that the fourth month was magical (well they all are, aren't they?) but I think for us five months is going to be even better because I have a feeling our Andrew is going to start really doing some big tricks this month.
I hope one of the big tricks will be learning to take longer naps! Still catnapping throughout the day but still doing so great at night that I feel bad even saying anything about the naps.
As for me, well, I'm hanging in there. I really hate the lonliness factor in my life. I have Andrew and for that I am unspeakably grateful. But, I don't have any friends here and the days are sometimes very long and even weekends seem hard for us because we are not used to this isolated life. We used to have a house full of friends every weekend, with folks dropping by all the time just to visit. Now, we are lucky if we even speak to anyone in person who isn't a waitress or store clerk. Of course, Greg has work and softball, so he isn't in quite the same boat that I'm in. Even so, he is lonely for friendship, too.
I am certainly missing my family right now. My great-nephew Wyatt, who has Cystic Fibrosis, is in the hospital. He turns one in a few days and I so wish I could be there to help out. I'll write a post soon on CF and our Super Wy.
Hope everyone has a great weekend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment